Monday, November 24, 2014

Let's Vintage Fall!


Let me start off by saying how much I absolutely love this outfit. I was super comfortable and warm the whole day (I was happy I didn't have to be weighed down by a coat!). I felt like throwing on a completely vintage outfit as I woke up with old memories. 
What's better than a big sweater dress where you can throw on layers underneath without any annoying visible lines? I got this sweater at an awesome vintage shop in the city for just $20! The texture and material is unbeatable and it's so beautiful that it makes it super easy to make variety of outfits with. I layered it with a flowery vintage shirt that I got for $5, a vintage jeans long shirt for $10 and vintage stockings I got from my mom, I mean come on!!! 
All I had to do now was accessories, pick the shoes, a bag and put on some make up to match my mood. I love rings and the more the merrier I say, so I got a little carried away haha. Added along my awesome vintage surfer necklace and a cool earpiece I got for a dollar. 
This vintage bag is my absolute favorite, got it for just $25 dollars, real Moroccan leather that brings back childhood with just a quick sniff. The color is what I am truly obsessed with, it makes every outfit colorful again. I am so sad as it is starting to have some visible tear signs, sigh...
Last is boots! Yes they are awesome I know, $60 online. I usually stay away from buying shoes online because the size might be off or the shoe won't be comfortable but thankfully that isn't the case. I couldn't resist the wingtip and color these boots have. It makes them look vintage even though they are not. Also the high platform will be very useful when I have to start skipping over some puddles.

The point of this post is to get you inspired. Fashion does not have to be expensive! You can come out with outfits that aren't expensive but look expensive. All you need is creativity and a mood and viola! 
I really want to start giveaways to my readers so post up a photo of your "cheap but not cheap looking" outfit , @ omgitsNofar, tag #AlmostGrownFashion and #AGFgiveaway to win a vintage item from my closet! Winner will be announced December 1st! 


No comments:

Post a Comment